Goals for a Cause is a charitable organization committed to supporting numerous non-profits throughout the Tampa Bay area. In our endeavor to enrich the lives of children and families we provide financial assistance through our fundraising and volunteer efforts.
Goals for a Cause Florida is a registered non profit which has raised more than $133,000 in helping to support several local community 501(c)3 Non-Profits and Charities.
In 2010, hockey teammates Neil Armstrong, Frank Daly, Norm Dann and Rich Stack, felt compelled to do something to help the families of fallen Tampa Bay Police Officers Jeffrey Kocab and Dave Curtis So, they dreamt up the idea to start a charity hockey tournament that could bring the Tampa Bay community together to give 100% of the tournament profits to a local community charity.
The Goals for a Cause Board is made up of experienced business professionals from the Tampa Bay area. Our Board is committed to giving back and truly believes that its efforts have a direct impact on making our local community a better place for all.
Our 2019 charity hockey tournament raised $22,045 for the 1Voice Foundation to support children with cancer and their families by connecting them with financial, emotional and educational CARE while funding research for tomorrow’s CURE. Goals for a Cause is continuing to support the 1Voice Foundation and other great causes in its 2021 fundraising efforts.
Previous beneficiaries have been the:
- 2020: No tournaments or fundraisers due to Covid but we did make a $2,000 donation to Champions for Children
- 2019: $22,045 for 1Voice Foundation
- 2018: Board voted to do events every other year so there were no tournaments or fundraisers
- 2017: $30,000 for 1 Voice Foundation
- 2016: $20,325 for the Holiday Sharing Fund (for Children’s bikes, helmets and locks)
- 2015: $17,000 for the PhoneFriend Northside Mental Health Center
- 2014: $14,800 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay.
- 2013: $10,000 for the Vinny40 All Children’s Hospital Foundation
- 2012: $6,600 for Feeding America of Tampa Bay along with food donations resulting in enough food for 45,850 meals
- 2011: $5,500 for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay
- 2010: $4,500 for Kocab/Curtis Fallen Officers Memorial Fund
For more information, please visit us on Facebook: