Goals for a Cause is a charitable organization committed to supporting numerous non-profits throughout the Tampa Bay area. In our endeavor to enrich the lives of children and families we provide financial assistance through our fundraising and volunteer efforts.
Goals for a Cause Florida is a registered non profit which has raised over $78,000 in helping to support local community 501(c)3 Non-Profits and Charities. The idea to start a charity hockey tournament came about from a meeting in 2010 among Neil Armstrong, Frank Daly, Norm Dann and Rich Stack as they were discussing the murders of Tampa Bay Police Officers Jeffrey Kocab and Dave Curtis, and how they might do something to help the families. The Goals for a Cause Senior hockey fundraiser tournament came as a result with the idea to give 100% of the profits to a local community charity.
The Goals for a Cause Board is made up of experienced business professionals from the Tampa Bay area. Our Board is committed to giving back and truly believe that their efforts have a direct impact on making our community a better place for all.
Last year’s charity hockey tournament raised over $20,325, for the Holiday Sharing Fund which enhances the quality of the holidays for underprivileged children by providing them with bikes, helmets and locks.
Previous benefactors have been the:
- Kocab/Curtis Fallen Officers Memorial Fund in 2010 for $4,500.
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Tampa Bay in 2011 for $5,500 & in 2014 for $14,800.
- Feeding America of Tampa Bay in 2012 for $6,600 along with food donations resulting in enough food for 45,850 meals.
- The Vinny40 All Children’s Hospital Foundation in 2013 for $10,000!
- The PhoneFriend Northside Mental Health Center in 2015 for $17,000.
For more information, please visit us on Facebook: